Re: [RFC] zsh completion for systemd

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 03:47:29 -0400
Daniel Wallace <daniel.wallace@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pierre Schmitz <pierre@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >It would make sense to remove the completion from zsh then.

I'd prefer to leave it in and have anything systemd does install its own
version in preference.  The site-functions directory appears before the
distributed functions in the path.

> Also it would need to be re licensed as systemd uses LGPLv2.1 which
> isn't compatible with gplv3.

As individual completion functions sit on top of the completion
system and don't provide a general API, they can be licensed
more freely than core components, where the depenencies would get
complicated (we could remove _systemd with no knock on effects, though I
don't see any reason to).  It's up to the author how they do it.