Re: argv subscript range uses too many memory

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:44:42 -0800
> So what we need is a fast way to estimate how much uncollected garbage
> is in the heap -- or, conversely, a fast way to estimate how close we
> are to running out of memory -- so that garbage collection can be put
> off until it's necessary.
>
> Or, as I said before, find a scope in which to pushheap/popheap ...

Instead of optimising freeheap for the case where the are lots of
heaps, could we just increase HEAPSIZE?  It's only 16384 (minus a
header), which seems pretty small to me.

Or could we make it a variable, so the more memory you acquire the
larger it is?  Then if you need a lot of memory you're not constantly
allocating it in small chunks.