Re: It's time for 5.0.1

On Dec 6,  7:44pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: It's time for 5.0.1
}
} I'd really like to get 5.0.1 out before Christmas, since there are a
} number of fixes since 5.0.0 and nothing I can see that's likely to be
} worse, even if it doesn't fix everything properly.

I've committed users/17445 (leading zeroes in floats).  The only other
thing we might want to consider is [tweaked slightly] workers/30818.
The trouble is that as noted in 30826, it doesn't entirely solve the
underlying problem.  On the other hand, it might improve common cases
enough to be worth applying while we think about optimizing freeheap().