Re: Access to CVS

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Peter Stephenson <
p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If anybody thinks that above *isn't* the basic sequence, or that their
> own preferred procedure is something other than a more sophisticated
> form of theabove, it would be good to hear.

It's always good to view your own commit to double-check it, and to also to
check for missed files.  So I'd suggest adding "git show" after "git commit
-a" (that lets you look over your latest commit) and "git status" (lets you
look for uncommitted files).  And then, right before the "git push", toss
in "git pull --rebase" to remind folks to check for remote changes prior to
pushing (using --rebase instead of merge).  Finally, it would be good to
mention tags somewhere, since it requires a separate "git push --tags" if
you want your tags to become public, but I doubt we'd want to mention it in
the basic sequence, since it's likely we just want things like release tags.

% $VISUAL file1.c file2.c new-file3.c
% git add new-file3.c
% git commit -a
% git show