Re: Disable all-files completions in a directory

On Mar 3,  5:47pm, joe M wrote:
} Subject: Re: Disable all-files completions in a directory
}
} > You might experiment with using the file-patterns style to break up the
} > files into groups regardless of what directory you are in.
}
} wondering if you see anything weird that might be messing with the
} file-patterns.

No, but I did just discover a bug with _next_tags.  I haven't figured out
how to reproduce it, but the effect is that it's possible to get the
compprefuncs variable set to

_next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre
_next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre
_next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre
_next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre _next_tags_pre

which pretty much goes nuts skipping over all your possible tags as soon
as you start the subsequent completion.  I think.

Anyway MOST of the time the zstyle you tried works for me.  It's only if
I've done something to trigger repetitive compprefuncs falue that things
go off the rails.  So I don't know if that's what happened to you, or if
there is some other obscure interaction with the rest of your styles.

--
Barton E. Schaefer