Re: Number of psvar entries

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:03:20 +0100
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The manpage tells us
>
> psvar <S> <Z> (PSVAR <S>)
>  An array (colon-separated list) whose first nine values can be used
> in PROMPT strings.  Setting psvar also sets PSVAR, and vice versa.
>
> but
>
> % psvar[25]=hello; print -P %25v
> hello
>
> Am I missing something?

Evidently the manual page is...  That restriction certainly goes way
back to very early versions of zsh.  It's possible numeric argument
handling in prompts was original limited and we upgraded it to handle
any integer that fits in integer precision; I don't actually remember
that happening, but I do remember the prompt code evolving quite a lot.
If it happened, I've a suspicion it would have been way back before the
CVS archive.

In which case the manual page simply needs updating.

pws