Re: Curious result from "git" completion

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> schaefer<502> git \'
> Completing alias
> '

> What's with the solitary single quote being completed as an alias?

I’d assume that something’s going wrong in __git_extract_aliases, but
I can’t reproduce it.  Could the whole substitution in that function
somehow return an empty result that gets concatenated with the "\'" at
the end?

> I was attempting completion in hopes of answering the question, "What's the
> simple git equivalent of 'cvs export'?" to which I still have no answer.

What are you trying to achieve?  A simple cp -a on the main directory
followed by a rm -rf $DIR/.git would create a copy without any Git
information.  Otherwise, the archive sub-command may be of interest if
you’re packing a tree.