Re: Function tgoto implicitly converted to pointer

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 02:19:48PM -0400, Nick Bryda wrote:
> I'm getting a build error with 5.0.2 on Ubuntu 12.10.  The error is
>
> Function `tgoto' implicitly converted to pointer at
> ../../../Src/Zle/zle_refresh.c:2361

I only found this in the Debian build-logs for ia64[1]:

../../Src/prompt.c: In function 'set_colour_attribute':
../../Src/prompt.c:1936:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
'tgoto' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=zsh&arch=ia64&ver=5.0.2-2&stamp=1357759754

This looks slightly different than what you get. We used
gcc-4.6_4.6.3-8 for that build. The Ubuntu build used
gcc-4.7_4.7.2-2ubuntu1, so this maybe an issue which isn't triggered
with gcc 4.6.

But then again, those messages are also present in older versions,
namely 4.3.17, on basically all architectures:
https://buildd.debian.org/~brlink/packages/z/zsh.html (sorry, no
automated checks for the 5.0.2 experimental builds yet).

> Our automated build log filter

Is that blhc?

> detected the problem(s) above that will likely cause your package to
> segfault on architectures where the size of a pointer is greater
> than the size of an integer, such as ia64 and amd64.

Can't remember having any such issues on ia64 and especially not
amd64, except that one-liner segfault posted here a few weeks ago.

> More information can be found at:
> http://wiki.debian.org/ImplicitPointerConversions

This doesn't sound at all like a gcc 4.7 specific issue (as I
suspected initially) since this page hasn't been touched since 2009
and mentions stuff from 2007.

> The full build log is available here
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/136382500/buildlog_ubuntu-quantal-amd64.zsh_5.0.2-0ubuntu1~ppaqq1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

Can you give me a pointer to your source package (or the Diff to the
Debian package), too?

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)