Re: History saving doesn't work with "zsh -f"

On 20/04/2013, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2013-04-19 17:54:31 +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>> This is documented.
>
> Where???
>
> The man page says:
>
>    HISTFILE
>       The file to save the history in when an interactive shell exits.
>       If unset, the history is not saved.
>
> Nothing about -f.

I was a bit tired when i sent that reply, guess i could have been a
tad more informative :).

   Note also that the RCS option affects the saving of
   history files, i.e. if RCS is unset when the shell
   exits, no history file will be saved.
    -f     NO_RCS

The entry in zshoptions for RCS should probably mention this as well.

--
Mikael Magnusson