Re: Subversion completion don't work with UTF8 (and other) file names

On Tue, 07 May 2013 09:38:35 +0200
Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 4 May, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > So that goes back to my previous question, what do we actually need to
> > change to make it work regardless of locale?
>
> For subcommands, lines starting with three spaces works. For
> changelists, we can use svn status --xml.

Thanks for the patch --- I suppose I was asking the more general
question: given a utility we need output from, is it OK to keep LC_CTYPE
and set everything else to C or is there something else going on?

The bug report with subversion was the first I've seen in this area for
a while, so presumably anything else is pretty subtle.

I should try to get _comp_locale into other places where we currently
set the locale to C.

pws