Re: test suite failure when testing statically linked build

On Sat, 11 May 2013 00:10:06 +0200
Axel Beckert <abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> if I enable the test-suite in the Debian package of zsh 5.0.2 after
> the statically linked variant has been built, I get the following test
> suite failure:
> ../../Test/C02cond.ztst: starting.
> Test ../../Test/C02cond.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
>   if (( EUID == 0 )); then
>     print -u$ZTST_fd 'Warning: Not testing [[ ! -r file ]] (root reads anything)'
>     [[ -r zerolength && -r unmodish ]]
>   elif [[ $OSTYPE = cygwin ]]; then
>     print -u$ZTST_fd 'Warning: Not testing [[ ! -r file ]]
>    (all files created by user may be readable)'
>    [[ -r zerolength ]]
>   else
>     [[ -r zerolength && ! -r unmodish ]]
>   fi
> Was testing: -r cond
> ../../Test/C02cond.ztst: test failed.

Hmmm... it's certainly true that compiling with --disable-dynamic
doesn't get much love and attention, but, when I did it here, the test
suite skipped a few test for things that weren't compiled in but didn't
fail on anything.  There may be some other subtle effect I'm not seeing.

(I can see a few things that probably ought to be linked by default in
this case, such as the regex library since that's used as part of the
shell syntax, but I deliberately kept with the defaults so that isn't
the problem here.)