Test suite failures on GNU Hurd: Test ../../Test/C02cond.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0

Hi,

I just noticed that all zsh builds on Debian GNU/Hurd consistently
failed for one test (occassionally for others, too) in the test suite,
at least since 4.3.10 of 2009 and still fail with 5.0.2:

4.3.10 build from 2009:

../../Test/C02cond.ztst: starting.
Warning: Not testing [[ -b blockdevice ]] (no devices found)
Test ../../Test/C02cond.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
  # Use hardcoded /dev/tty because globbing inside /dev fails on Cygwin
  char=/dev/tty
  [[ -c $char && ! -c $zerolength ]]
Was testing: -c cond
../../Test/C02cond.ztst: test failed.

5.0.2 build from 2013:

../../Test/C02cond.ztst: starting.
Test ../../Test/C02cond.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
  # Use hardcoded /dev/tty because globbing inside /dev fails on Cygwin
  char=/dev/tty
  [[ -c $char && ! -c $zerolength ]]
Was testing: -c cond
../../Test/C02cond.ztst: test failed.

All builds on
https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=zsh&arch=hurd-i386
(failed and succeeded ones; except those two of ancient zsh 4.0.x
releases) show this test suite failure.

But logging into a Debian GNU/Hurd box and running these checks on the
commandline, works as expected and correct (the return code is in the
prompt on the next line after the question mark):

!129 Z9 ?0 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:19:03 [~] > uname -a
GNU strauss 0.3 GNU-Mach 1.3.99/Hurd-0.3 i686-AT386 GNU
!130 Z10 ?0 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:19:07 [~] > touch foobar
!131 Z11 ?0 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:19:08 [~] > ls -l foobar
-rw-rw-r-- 1 abe Debian 0 Jun 18 23:19 foobar
!132 Z12 ?0 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:19:13 [~] > [[ -c foobar ]]
!133 Z13 ?1 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:19:28 [~] > char=/dev/tty
!134 Z14 ?0 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:19:33 [~] > [[ -c $char ]]
!135 Z15 ?0 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:19:41 [~] > zerolength=foobar
!136 Z16 ?0 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:19:46 [~] > [[ -c $char && ! -c $zerolength ]]
!137 Z17 ?0 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:19:52 [~] > echo $ZSH_VERSION
4.3.10
!138 Z18 ?0 L1 abe@strauss:ttyp1 (-zsh) 23:20:50 [~] >

I also got the same results with zsh 4.3.17 on Debian GNU/Hurd. (No
zsh 5.0.2 accessible on Hurd for me at the moment, and building takes
ages. :-)

I have been assured, that /dev/tty exists on all build daemons, so it
shouldn't be a non-existent /dev/tty.

So I wonder: Why does the test suite fail while -c seems to work fine
on the command line on GNU Hurd?

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)