Re: git branches and compilation

On Jul 24,  4:25pm, Richard Hartmann wrote:
}
} As a word of warning, metastore's binary storage format is _not_ merge
} friendly. You must not diverge or branch off this file.

The .metadata files are not part of the git repository, they're listed
in .gitignore.  Instead there is a separate subdirectory of metadata for
each git branch, which is maintained by the pre-commit and post-checkout
hooks.

As I mentioned, this is probably helpful only because I keep separate
build and source trees.

Thanks for the pointer to metamonger, though; I will look at it.