Re: Builtin test and parsing of conditionals

On Sep 4,  8:09pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} On Wed, 04 Sep 2013 10:39:40 -0700
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer:  "! -a !" means to compare the
} > truth value "!" to the truth value of "!".
}
} OK, this looks straightforward enough.

That's good, but it still doesn't fix the other case mentioned in my
original email:

torch% /usr/bin/test ! = -a o ; print $?
1
torch% test ! = -a o ; print $?
test: too many arguments
1

Do you want to try to handle that in parse.c, or am I correct that peeling
off the "!" in builtin.c:bin_test [the way parens are peeled off] is the
better way to go?

Either way, the comment in builtin.c should be updated with the new URL
path to test.html that Chet was kind enough to provide.  The one that's
there now is from 2007.