Re: Strange function/pipestatus behavior, maybe a scope bug?

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 12:49:51 -0700
Ian F <in4mer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I suggest this to be a significant progression in identification of this
> bug, as well as indicating a greatly heightened severity, owing to the 100%
> incorrect handling of pipeline exit values in the provided, very simple
> test case (again, substantially different than previous reports I've been
> able to find).

The problem isn't any lack of severity; the problem is the shell's job
control code isn't structured to handle this well.  Short of a hack to
fix some subset of cases, which it would be best to avoid as it's likely
to make the real problem worse, it probably means a major rewrite of job
handling: so don't hold your breath.