Re: modify functions hierarchy (was: Install run-help and *.zwc files system wide in build system)

On Nov 17,  8:13pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} I can see the potential confusion in having files that need processing
} in the same tree as files that get installed verbatim, although I didn't
} see it as necessarily a problem in practice, but the files should be
} generated at make time, not install time, otherwise it's inconsistent
} with the rest of the build system.

Hrm.  OK.  I guess I've just gotten too used to RPM-like systems where
even e.g. building a tarball is a "make install" into a dummy tree which
then gets packed up verbatim.  I don't see modifying a path in run-help
as that much different from skipping the installation of Completion/Cygwin
on a Darwin host [which admittedly we currently do not have a simple
option to accomplish].

} We could have a parallel hierarchy Functions_pre for generated functions.

Do we really expect there to be very many of these?  We've gone twenty
years without having a single one of them until now.  Is an entire
parallel hierarchy necessary?  Completion_pre as well?