Re: Recent regression on (N) after removing array element

On Nov 19,  5:52pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} What we didn't think of was glob qualifiers that transformed a failed
} match in some way.  Although the empty string isn't a valid file name,
} it is a valid failed match for a file name.

I was hoping there might be some way we can distinguish, e.g., that a
null token appears there rather than an empty string, but apparently
those are stripped by the time we reach globbing.

} Apart from going back to the original, the only ways round that occur to
} me involve reparsing on failure, e.g. reinterpreting as glob qualifiers
} if no matches were found.  But that's probably worse than the original
} disease.

Yeah, I think we have to back this one out.