Re: padding in vt100 causes 'make check' to hang on FreeBSD

On Dec 17,  2:29pm, J. Takimoto wrote:
}
} But I tried it again, with some trial-and-error, and have found that
} it works if I reverse the order of 'TERM=vt100' and 'stty 38400'.

Excellent, thanks for looking at this.

} Is this more portable than to use xterm?

I believe so, because the terminal definition for xterm might not be
present if there's no graphical UI installed, but I have no direct
evidence.  Also, I don't trust that "xterm" on some platform or other
won't differ in some way that creates an even more obscure problem.