Re: Crash when capturing command output in completion

On 01/15/2015 11:49 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Jan 15, 10:43pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} $ echo $(ls zsh)
} zsh-5.0.7-217-g39a6e8a
} zsh
}
} $ echo ls zsh)                        << up arrow to recall command.
} zsh: parse error near `)'

Is that "zsh -f"?

I can't reproduce anything similar.

No. But all those use the debugging config if that matters. When I saw the completion problem posting, I stepped back through my builds, and that's the point at which it appears. I also could not complete the names of my builds using '-217-' or latter, I either got an error msg. or my xterm was killed, but the above seems similar to the test you used to duplicate the problem.