Re: Anyone want to help make zsh/db/gdbm work?

On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 08:18:29 +0300
ZyX <kp-pav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> if you want to consider merging https://bitbucket.org/ZyX_I/zpython I
> can convert it back to a patch it used to be once. I introduced it to
> a list, but it did not get much attention.

It's clearly a useful addition but I think it would be better to keep it
out of the main source to avoid making that depend (even optionally) on
Python; this is potentially complex for people who don't need it and
subject to change in ways not necessarily tied to changes in zsh, and we
have enough maintenance headaches in the main code that it's nice to
have something that actually does work as an add-on :-)

It would be sensible to provide pointers in the main distribution,
though.

pws