Re: BUG: $_ empty on null function call

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 14:10:26 +0000
Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are some other differences between anonymous functions, e.g., they
> don't honor PRINT_EXIT_VALUE:
>
> Engineering-wise, the ideal solution would be for anonymous and named
> functions to share code... though I realize that may be a somewhat
> invasive code change.

They already do everywhere that doesn't deal with the special argument
syntax (Micah's problem) or with immediate execution after a definition.
I suspect this may have to do with a different path owing to an
optimisation later in the execution path where we make certain
assumptions if code is regarded as "simple".  This is inevitably a
maintenance headache and we've had lots of issues there.

By the way, if that means you're interested in looking at the internals,
please do...  suggestions based on this are much more likely to be
useful, for obvious reasons.

pws