Re: PATCH: parse from even deeper in hell

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 22:47:12 +0100
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I get a crapton of "bad(2) wordsplit reading history:" with this
> patch. It seems like all the failed lines have metafied characters in
> them, if that's a hint. Most don't contain any syntax characters at
> all, for example:
>  hist.c:3499: bad(2) wordsplit reading history: mp3info 好きになり\M-c\M-^Aい.mp3
> at: 好きになり\M-c\M-^Aい.mp3s
> word: 好きになり\M-c\M-^Aい.mp3

Unless I'm missing something, I don't think you've said what the real
characters you're expecting are.  The broken ones aren't much use for
testing.

> The (2) means it's the second of the two bad=1; assignments
> triggering.

At line 3490?

> I'm also not sure why the utf8 is slightly mishandled in the output
> there. It has at least been unmetafied, the raw string in the history
> file is more or less:
> mp3info 好ぃ�になゃ�たぃ�.mp3

So those aren't actually valid characters?  Does that mean metafied
characters are getting into the history?  I've made it necessary for two
more bytes to be metafied, so if the shell was expecting them to be
metafied in the history file they won't be.  The bytes are 0x9e and
0x9f.  I guess we could special case those, but do we really output
metafied characters to the history file?

pws