Re: Bug: ZSH crashes upon receiving SIGINT

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:46:53 +0000
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The error at the end comes from a specific point in the shell line
> editor: if it finds it can't read from the TTY, and the error isn't one
> of the small number it thinks are recoverable, it will exit.  In this
> case the error appears to be EIO.  So this certainly ties in with the
> behaviour you're seeing.

Minor update here: on looking a little more closely, I see the shell
will only exit on the second occurrence of EIO when reading from the
TTY.  On the first it will attempt to fix things up by forcing itself to
be the TTY foreground process.  It's possible this is part of the
puzzle.

pws