Re: fndir introspection, site-packages documentation

# schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / 2015-03-16 09:08:29 -0700:

well, i've subscribed to workers@ so, no need for cc's anymore.

> } the behavior with *default* --prefix is, well, completely contrary
> } to the intent described: "no matter how the shell was configured" is
> } blatantly false thanks to this special case.
>
> I'm leaving this to PWS as he made the changes to configure.ac.  I will
> however note that I think --disable-site-fndir ought to do exactly that,
> and the documentation blurb is what needs fixing.  If the shell is being
> configured for some kind of secure/embedded environment, removing all
> access to locally added functions is perfectly reasonable.

i don't have an opinion on which way it should be, but it needs to be
consistent.

> } > Maybe the right thing is to throw all of this into a module (and doc
> } > for that module) that can be loaded by package maintainers
> }
> } zmodload or pkg-config?
>
> I meant a zmodload module.

i know, i was hinting at the fact that a .pc file would suffice, maybe
you'd find it "good enough".  and there's the added benefit of it being
the standard interface for this kind of things...

--
roman