Re: PATCH: Removing aliases from history, 2015 style

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 19:42:22 +0100
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FWIW, I don't use !-expansion at all, but who knows, maybe that'll
> make it more likely I find the corner case.

You do use HISTLEXWORDS, however, so you might notice the follwoing:
it looks like I've managed to make that work less well when
interrupted.  If I ^C during the history read I get

^CWarning: backing up wrong character.
Warning: backing up wrong character.
Warning: backing up wrong character.
Warning: backing up wrong character.
Warning: backing up wrong character.
Warning: backing up wrong character.
 hist.c:3524: bad wordsplit reading history: ((print foo); print bar)
at: ((print foo); print bar)
word: print foo
 hist.c:3524: bad wordsplit reading history: (( ( print foo); print bar)
at: (( ( print foo); print bar)
word:  ( print foo); print bar
 hist.c:3524: bad wordsplit reading history: ((print foo); print bar\n)
at: ((print foo); print bar\n)
word: print foo

Some of that's obviously specific to what I've got in my history.  It's
definitely tied to HISTLEXWORDS being set; I can't provoke it otherwise.

I've rather lost the will to live with all the history, input and
lexical changes but it probably wants looking at.

pws