Potential 3.0.8 [was Re: broken parsing with $((`:`))]

On Apr 15,  4:26pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: broken parsing with $((`:`))
}
} On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:13:48 -0700
} Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > } (Please, God, make the problems with command and math substitution
} > } parsing stop now.)
} >
} > Indeed ... at what point should we consider 5.0.8 to get all these little
} > edge-case fixes out into the field?
}
} Soon, I think; the problems are only trickling in somewhat glacially now
} so there doesn't seem a lot of point in waiting... does anybody know
} anything immediately blocking...?

Dunno if it's "blocking" but it'd be nice to resolve those "exec" with
variable assignments that Jun T. pointed out.

I have the following un-pushed changes (some of which have been posted
in previous articles, some not):

 remove _message from _mkdir
 unquote history words when command line has a quote
 no files to add in compaudit
 compsys.yo tweak "will" -> "will be"
 local TZ in strftime
 quote/quotebreak remove useless cast
 doc vindex pid
 allow clobber of zero-sized files
 maybe-helpful change free() to zfree() in two places
 add backslash to alias expansion matching in _expand
 test for breadth-first glob with (Y1)