Re: Proposed patches for make completion bugs

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 20:45:55 -0400
Jared Ahern <jared.ahern@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The second issue is that as far as I can tell, expansion of "make"
> variables was not happening at all.  This should be addressed by this
> separate second patch, although I may have induced regressions of which I
> am unaware.  I wasn't 100% sure what the original intent was for the
> _make-expandVars function, but my cases appear to be fixed.

It's certainly hard to see how the old code could work...

  local open close var val front ret tmp=$1

  front=${tmp%%\$*}
  case $tmp in
    (\(*) # Variable of the form $(foobar)

... if tmp still has a $, how can matching it without a $ at the start
of the case be useful?  I'll assume this is an improvement and apply
both patches until someone comes up with a counterexample.

Thanks
pws