Re: Double free with latest updates

Dear Mikael,

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Vin Shelton <acs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > The most recent changes to builtin.c result in a double free in running
> the
> > test suite.
> >
> > I have more details if you need them.
> >
> >   - Vin
> >
> > zsh
> > remote: Counting objects: 9, done.
> > remote: Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
> > remote: Total 5 (delta 4), reused 0 (delta 0)
> > Unpacking objects: 100% (5/5), done.
> > From git://zsh.git.sf.net/gitroot/zsh/zsh
> >    5b00bfe..1e6fb1a  master     -> origin/master
> > Updating 5b00bfe..1e6fb1a
> > Fast-forward
> >  ChangeLog     | 4 ++++
> >  Src/builtin.c | 7 ++++---
> >
> > Building zsh
> > /opt/src/zsh-2015-05-04
> > cd . && ./.preconfig
> > Configuring zsh-2015-05-04 for installation prefix /opt/zsh-2015-05-04.
> > Building zsh...done.
> > Running tests...%
> > print ten ten nine one print
> >   print print one two three four five six seven eight nine ten one two
> >   print mystery sequence
> >   print one
> >   print two
> >   print mystery sequence
> >   print metaphor\? shmetaphor!
> >   print metaphor!
> >   print -l metophor, Molochi,
> >   echo $(echo foo bar) again
> >   echo more $( echo $(echo foo bar) again )
> > done.
> > *** Error in `zsh': double free or corruption (out): 0x00007fff694af880
> ***
> >

> Doesn't happen here with or without --enable-zsh-{mem,debug}. Valgrind
> also didn't complain at all. Enable the MALLOC_CHECK_ flag that
> enables backtrace on double free and see if it says anything useful.
>
> "If MALLOC_CHECK_ is set to 0, any detected heap corruption is
> silently ignored; if set to 1, a diagnostic is printed on stderr; if
> set to 2, abort is called immediately."

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can no longer trigger a failure.  I tried
running

make check

from the command line.  I also tried running it from a

#!/usr/bin/env zsh

script (as my nightly build script does).  In each case, all tests passed
and no double free was recorded.

I will run with this shell and will let you know if I observe any failures.

Sorry for any troubles this may have caused.

  - Vin