Re: Arith parsing bug with minus after $#

On May 29, 2015 8:02 AM, "Peter Stephenson" <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> The problem is the overloading of "#" --- the test to establish what to
> do with it is trying too hard to resolve to ${#-}, which is a valid
> substitution, because it hasn't taken into account that there are no
> braces.  So what you're seeing is ${#-}1.

I think this actually was discussed on austin-group a few months back.  My
recollection is that zsh's behavior was deemed permissible and I therefore
thought no more about it at the time.