Re: zsh 5.0.8 available (preliminary announcement)

Peter Stephenson schreef op 31-05-15 om 20:23:
> I've uploaded a 5.0.8 release to
>
> http://www.zsh.org/pub/
>
> Please could people have a quick check there's nothing major broken
> before I announce it more widely.

All the 'make check' tests are passing on my machine (Mac OS X 10.7 with
GCC version "i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on
Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2336.11.00)".

It also looks like all the bugs I reported are fixed in this version.

> Thanks for all the help, which has meant this has quite a lot fewer
> glitches than 5.0.7.

Thanks for fixing them so promptly.

Suggestion: offer the archive in .xz compression format instead of .bz2.
It's superior to .bz2 in every way and pretty much everyone has it by
now (and if not, .gz is still a good fallback).

- M.