Re: zpty-related testsuite failures if building in a chroot on a host running systemd 220 as init system

Axel Beckert wrote:

> while trying to prepare an official Debian package of zsh 5.0.8 I ran
> into interesting test suite failures which only happen under very
> specific circumstances:

Does zsh 5.0.7 build under those circumstances? The only actual change
to the workings of zpty in that time is in 33743 / a526a220. That makes
it use posix_openpt instead of opening /dev/ptmx manually if it is
available.

> * systemd is at version 220. (The version of udev doesn't seem to
>   matter and compiling under systemd 215 works fine.)

Are there any differences in the results of configure between the two
versions of systemd or is it only when the tests are run that there's a
difference.

Oliver