Re: Undo is also confused with narrow-to-region

On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 16:57:33 +0200
Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > UNDO_LIMIT_NO
>
> Thanks. Trying to apply this in read-from-minibuffer, I found that it
> was necessary to add a split-undo in after the BUFFER etc were setup,
> otherwise it was possible to do one initial undo.

Coming back to this after the last commit... perhaps recursive-edit
should start a new undo anyway?  You'd have thought it was somewhat
illogical to turn up in the middle of an edit.  (You might have thought
it was logical to force an undo limit at that point, too.  Could be
options.)  However, I suppose you now have full control, so it doesn't
matter so much.

Also, there's an inconsistency with the variable name here...

> -integer changeno=$UNDO_CHANGE_NO
> +integer savelim=$UNDO_LIMIT_NO changeno=$UNDO_CHANGE_NO
> +  UNDO_LIMIT_NO=save_limit

pws