Re: Sourceforge GIT is down

Mikael Magnusson wrote on Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 03:47:56 +0200:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Bart Schaefer
> <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > fatal: unable to connect to git.code.sf.net:
> > git.code.sf.net[0: 216.34.181.155]: errno=Connection refused
> >
> > The Blog page says:
> >
> > The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.
> > Only a very limited set of project pages are available until the main website returns to service.
>
> Should we set up an official secondary repo, or at least public
> mirrors of all our (the developers') repositories? Eg, either a
> cvs-like repository like the sourceforge one is, or everyone just has
> their own repos somewhere. Or both would be fine too. (Mine is

It's tricky to have a second repository to push commits to.  For
example, there is the split-brain problem: what to do if the two master
repositories diverge, and the changes made to one conflict with the
changes made to the other?

Then there is authentication, glue code to keep the two masters in sync,
and so on.

Cheers,

Daniel