Re: bug with named pipes and process substitution

On Jul 23,  3:03am, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
}
} > "git stash"-ing all my changes to re-apply after sourceforge is back.
}
} Why would you do that rather than just committing them?

Because (a) I spent the last six days thinking "gee, they've got to be
back on line any minute now" and (b) I prefer to "git pull" and then
edit the ChangeLog to reduce the chances of a conflict on ChangeLog,
because (c) even with --rebase I find the way git handles overlapping
diffs in a file that grows at the top to be really annoying and (d) I
want the ChangeLog entry to be the same commit as the rest of the diff.