Re: PATCH: sysopen (was Re: '>>' does not create file if set -C (noclobber) is active)

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mikael wrote:
>> Was there a reason the new commands were not made subcommands to
>> zsystem?
>
> sysread and syswrite are not zsystem subcommands.
>
> What is the purpose of zsystem (as opposed to a direct sysflock)? Is it
> that flock is not supported by some common systems?

Ah, I didn't actually notice that sysread and syswrite were already
there, and not added by your patch. I just saw zsystem after all the
others in the manpage and thought it seemed a bit inconsistent. It
would seem the only purpose is forward compatibility (eg, being able
to use zsystem supports from a script and have it work on older zshs
too).

> Coverity noticed that I'd made one part more complicated than it needs
> to be so this cleans that up (the !append was tautologous).

Aha, I submitted the new build and saw the warning but couldn't really
figure out what it was trying to tell me :).

--
Mikael Magnusson