Re: PATCH: read full multibyte string a bit more sooner

On 12 Sep 2015 17:46, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> burner% Ą Пётр Ильич Чайковский 梶浦由記~
>
> As you can see this is ALMOST correct, except for that unexpected
> trailing tilde, which must be part of the terminal escape for ending
> paste-mode?
>
> Sadly the next time I try pasting, I get this:

> 梶浦烴<ffffffff>訃<ffffffff>
> Ą Пётр Ильич Чайковский 梶浦由記
>
> (where all those <ffffffff> are highlighted).

Rather than an issue with meta conversion,
that's looking more like a length miscalculation of
a more basic nature or some mixture of effects.

Most likely it's not too far
from the code I changed.  I suspect tracing the
string that becomes KEYS might reveal it.

I'll be drinking my Tribute and following with great
amusement (until it becomes my problem).

pws