Re: Can be a module linked to library to which Zsh isn't linked?

On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 13:53:43 -0700
> On Oct 4,  6:49pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> } What bothers me is that someone who builds zsh against termcap or
> } terminfo loses curses module. Having a bit of separate tests in
> } configure against libraries needed by modules but not zsh itself would
> } solve this. Is Zsh open for such change?
>
> Certainly, we'll take improvements to the configure script.  I've also
> noticed that it checks more than once for some dependencies; there's
> probably a lot that could be done.

We've been pretty conservative with terminal libraries because getting
it all going on some earlier systems was decidely icky, with lots of
order dependencies.  That's gradually disappearing into history, but
you don't find out how fast until someone complains.  I think this
would be worth doing now, though.

pws