Re: syntax check of 'echo $HOME' crashes in ksh emulation mode

On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 08:34:46 -0700
> } (ii) It's not clear how safe the above is, as this case shows.  However,
> } it's definitely not safe to skip the tests in assignstrvalue() either
>
> Do you mean that even for no_exec we should not be bailing out this
> early in assignstrvalue()?

It's not really clear, but ending up with NULL values in parameters
seems a bad thing.  However, I dare see we can fix things up as the occur.

It's not very helpful.

    The shell shall read commands but does not execute them; this can be
    used to check for shell script syntax errors. An interactive shell
    may ignore this option.

But I think there is an argument for setting environment variables in
full.

pws