"2004h" also seen with but not in QTerminal (was: Re: "2004h" at the end of each prompt and "2004l" after pressing Enter on DragonFlyBSD console with zsh 5.1.1)

Hi,

(Moving this branch of the thread also over to zsh-workers.)

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 04:04:52PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Congratulations, you've just disproved the assumption that all terminals
> (emulators) will consume and discard the start-of-bracketed-paste escape
> sequence even if they don't support the feature.  Some of us were worried
> about that when the feature was introduced, but no counter-examples were
> forthcoming during development.

JFTR: Today I ran into one more, but far less annoying case of seeing
"2004h" from a terminal: QTerminal[1], a quite young terminal based on
QTermWidget[2] and related to LXQt[3] (the RazorQt[4] and LXDE[5]
projects merger) also outputs "2004h" when being started with zsh
5.1.1 being set as the user's login shell. But it does not display it
inside the terminal itself but outside in the terminal where qterminal
has been started.

The following is the output in the terminal where I started qterminal
when I open a new tab in the qterminal:

TermWidgetImpl::propertiesChanged TermWidgetImpl(0x2916a40, name = "TermWidget_3") emulation: "default"
Session::run() - program: "/bin/zsh"
Session::run() - arguments: ("")
started!
TermWidgetImpl::propertiesChanged TermWidgetImpl(0x2916a40, name = "TermWidget_3") emulation: "default"
Undecodable sequence: \001b(hex)[?2004h

Pressing Enter once in that new tab causes the following (in some way
expected output):

Undecodable sequence: \001b(hex)[?2004l
Undecodable sequence: \001b(hex)[?2004h

I also thought about opening a bug report about that against QTerminal
upstream to request support for bracketed paste mode or at least
suppressing the warnings. But there is already such a bug report[6]
for QTerminal. So we probably won't see the above for too long. :-)

[1] https://github.com/qterminal/qterminal
[2] https://github.com/qterminal/qtermwidget
[3] http://lxqt.org/
[4] http://razor-qt.org/