Re: Recursive globbing shorthand (a la **.c)

2015-10-30 08:50:35 -0700, Bart Schaefer:
> On Oct 30,  9:30am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } Here's a patch with documentation.
>
> Just for the record, this is a place where I begin to agree with Kurtis's
> "all things to all people" criticism.
>
> You'd now best be sure that setting this option isn't going to break
> completion six ways from Sunday.

It reminds me of the discussion about:

*$var*/foo

or even

*"$var"*/foo

Which do a  recursive glob when $var is empty.

I suppose with the new option, things like

*$empty* would also have to be considered.

(probably not a big issue. Note that bash -O globstar and ksh93
-o globstar are already affected by that (and yash -o
extended-glob -c 'echo *$empty*/*' like zsh)).

--
Stephane