Re: PATCH: emulate -l to list options that would change

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 17:03:03 -0700
> On Oct 31,  8:40pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } This fixes it so that "emulate -l [-LR] <mode>" tells you what options would
> } change if you executed "emulate [-LR] <mode>".  This is incompatible with
> } additional options (including a -c argument).
>
> It would be quite helpful if there were an extension to the zsh/parameter
> module that could retrieve this information without having to fork and
> capture $(emulate ...).

Yes, it would, but zsh's one-level-deep parameter system and lack of
namespaces doesn't make it obvious what a convenient way of doing this
would be.

If we use the information to help make the options set in completion
more manageable, for example, the thing to do would probably be set a
variable via a one off $(eumlate -l zsh) in compinit (though it needs
more work than that since that doesn't give us the set of options we
want).

pws