Re: Possible bug in signal handling

On Nov 4,  3:25pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
} Subject: Re: Possible bug in signal handling
}
} I suppose you meant "if it does not have children...".

Yes.

} You're thinking about IUE (implemented by zsh, unless this has changed
} in the last few years), while WCE (implemented by bash) is generally
} regarded to be better:
}
}   http://www.cons.org/cracauer/sigint.html

What zsh does depends on context.  The simple example in that web page
(emacs ...; cp ...) behaves like WCE if emacs opens the terminal, but
behaves like WUE if emacs runs in GUI mode.  For a process at the end
of a pipeline like Dima's original example, zsh does IUE.  Interactive
shells with shinstdin (e.g. not reading a script file) also do W?E.

Most of the time a zsh script is going to perform IUE and an interactive
shell WCE, because that's how we interpreted the "inherited from parent"
signal handling was required to behave.