Re: x=(foo ; bar) array assignments with embedded semicolons

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:55:10 -0800
> That's actually a feature, it's the same as writing
>
> x=(foo
> bar)
>
> Yes, I'm being somewhat facetious, but that's why it happens.

I don't think it's facetious at all.  Unquoted ";" is a separator,
whether in an array or not.  The only other thing I can think of it
could reasonably do is an error because you haven't completed the array
before the end of the command, but that doesn't seem very useful.

pws