Re: What's the next release number?

Benjamin R. Haskell wrote on Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 11:07:12 -0500:
> What's an example situation?  "The change will appear after version X.Y"
> and "The bug was fixed after version X.Y" both seem reasonable to me for
> situations that need a description in natural language.

In zsh-syntax-highlighting, when I make a bugfix that depends on
a bugfix in zsh, in the ticket I'd like to say "The fix requires
zsh 5.1.2 or newer".

> For something automated (e.g. `is-at-least X.Y.Z`), you can just assume it
> will be a patch release, since the version increment will be at least as
> much as a patch release.  Even if no release ever exists with that specific
> version, the next release will still compare as greater.

Sure.  But for natural language it might be confusing to refer people to
"5.1.2 and newer" when there's no zsh-5.1.2.tar.gz available for
download...

Cheers,

Daniel