Subject: Re: Printf builtin missing v flag support
From: Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 11:22:47 -0800
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On Jan 4,  2:50pm, Jun T. wrote:
} Subject: Re: Printf builtin missing v flag support
}
} On Mac OS X (where open_memstream() does not exist), B03print.ztst fails
} as follows.

Well, dang.  open_memstream() is undocumented on the system where I was
testing but apparently it's present, so I didn't actually test both
branches like I thought I had.

} rcount++ for the trailing NULL.

Related: open_memstream() supposedly maintains its own trailing NUL byte
but does NOT include it in the count that it maintains.  We add our own
trailing NUL to get it included in the count, but then we really don't
care about it (we don't want metafy() to act on it, for example).

Maybe the right thing would be to drop the putc() and use rcount rather
than rcount-1 in the metafy() call.

-- 
Barton E. Schaefer