Subject: Re: backward-kill-shell-word widget
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Shahaf <[email-masked]>
Cc: Zsh hackers list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:37:26 +0100
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

I see that you use (z) flag :) I think this is cool. I just was about
to decide to bind shell-worded transpose-words-match to Alt-r (have
transpose-segment bound to Alt-t) and noticed that I rather want to
keep select-word-style bash. I rather want Ctrl-W to delete normal
words. So with your function one can have:
- "Ctrl-W" / backward-kill-word to delete word with style of his choice
- transpose-words-match to swap words with style of his choice,
keeping in mind to position cursor at beginning of the words
- "Alt-m" / copy-prev-shell-word to copy shell word regardless of word style
- "Ctrl-T" / backward-kill-shell-word to delete shell word regardless
of word style
- "Alt-t" / my transpose-segment to swap shell words regardless of
word style (should I rename the widget to "transpose-shell-word",
looks like yes)
- "Alt-/" / _history-complete-older to complete shell words regardless
of word style

I think this goes into a nice workbench for quick manipulation of
command line, if one devotes time to establish order in that set of
loosely coupled functionalities.

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski