Subject: Re: PATCH: Add zle-line-pre-redraw hook for highlighting
From: m0viefreak <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Shahaf <[email-masked]>, Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mikael Magnusson <[email-masked]>, Zsh hackers list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 23:17:34 +0100
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On 19.12.2015 10:49, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Bart Schaefer wrote on Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 00:05:01 -0800:
>> On Dec 15, 2015 10:27 PM, "Mikael Magnusson" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> I haven't received any complaints about 36650 from testers, so I'll go ahead
>>> and push this.
> 
> Hooray!
> 
> This should fix between 2 and 5 z-sy-h issues:
> https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-syntax-highlighting/issues/245

One remaining issue with this approach is the fact that this new hook is
not triggered when a minibuffer such as isearch is active and BUFFER
changes.

Is it possible to add support for that, too?

I don't know the zle internals very well, and I couldn't figure out the
right spot to place a call to the hook without causing performance
issues due to multiple (useless) calls.