Subject: Re: [BUG] emulate sh: arith assignment assigns variable type
From: Martijn Dekker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Peter Stephenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 04:13:44 +0100
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

Peter Stephenson schreef op 02-01-16 om 19:11:
> On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 21:03:33 +0100
> Martijn Dekker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> > When an assignment is done to an unset variable using an arithmetic
>> > expression, zsh assigns a numerical or arithmetic type to that variable,
>> > causing subsequent normal shell assignments to be interpreted as
>> > arithmetic expressions.
> Yes, it does.
> 
> Does this need a special option?  The linkage is a bit tenouous.

It's working fine in any case. Thanks.

I noticed the fix has made it into the git repository, but without a
corresponding ChangeLog entry. Thought I'd mention it in case that was
an unintentional omission.

- M.