Subject: Re: zle-line-finish behavior and documentation
From: Vincent Lefevre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 13:46:20 +0100
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On 2016-01-14 18:22:56 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Jan 14,  3:56pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> }
> } BTW, is there something similar executed when the command line is
> } aborted?
> 
> There's not.  All you can do is test [[ -n $ZLE_LINE_ABORTED ]] when
> you get back to zle-line-init.

OK, but if the goal is to reset the previous prompt, that's too late.
There would also be other two problems:
1) $ZLE_LINE_ABORTED gets empty when one does Ctrl-C on an empty line.
2) $ZLE_LINE_ABORTED is not reset when a command line is not aborted.

FYI, I currently have:

  zle reset-prompt

in zle-line-finish() to update the time. However that's mainly useful
to have the correct time when I started some command. After doing
Ctrl-C on the command line, this is less useful.

-- 
Vincent Lefèvre <[email-masked]> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <https://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)