Subject: zsh mailing list spam
From: Larry Hynes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 00:05:33 +0000 (UTC)
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

Hullo

Does anyone else find that the levels of spam on zsh users/devel
lists are kinda high? I think so, in comparison to other lists.

I'm assuming that ezmlm is being used to manage the lists. If it
is, maybe ezmlm-reject[1] could be deployed to - at a minimum -
remove messages whose "Subject:" lines include the likes of "You
have a new fax" and "Goodbye from our newsletter" and some other
notable repeat offenders.

Is there any appetite among those 'in charge' here to tackle
this?

I'm very happy to help, either by compiling data for
ezmlm-reject to use based on list spam or looking into other
solutions. (I just found mention of ezmlm-reject during a search
for 'ezmlm spam', maybe it's not part of a 'default', or the
zsh, installation?)

[1] http://untroubled.org/ezmlm/man/man1/ezmlm-reject.1.html